Monday, April 5, 2010

A Good Day for Danny

I was looking through the transactions for today, and saw that Trevor Cahill went on the disabled list and Wladimer Balentein got the old DFA treatment. After being back in the league for only one free agency/draft period, here is the list of Danny's guys who were cut or DFA'd.
1. Josh Anderson
2. Elijah Dukes (although in Danny's defense Dukes is now on my team...thank God he hadn't signed him yet!!)
3. Nick Evans
4. Kevin Frandsen
5. Josh Greer
6. Brandon Jones
7. JD Martin (who's that?)
8. Steven Pearce
9. Yusmiero Petit (I was wrong, he is still nowhere)
10. Wladimer Balentein (who's that?)
11. Neil Walker (who's that?)


Now, I saw some eyes roll when I announced my trade with Danny. But I would like to say that I at least traded him one major league baseball player in that deal.....hmm....I wonder where these other guys came from????? Anyone....Anyone????

1 comment:

  1. You're right. Half my team is either on the DL or cut. Don't forget, Bumgartner, who was a first round pick, didn't even make the major league team. If you are taking a chance on a bunch of young players without much of a track record, chances are that a bunch of them won't pan out. If they were sure things, they would all be gone early in the draft. If the season goes okay though, I will have a starting staff, most of a bullpen, and six out of eight positions filled in the field with a lot of money to spend. I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete